What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
SEO is a marketing discipline focused on growing visibility in organic (non-paid) search engine results. SEO encompasses both the technical and creative elements required to improve rankings, drive traffic, and increase awareness in search engines. There are many aspects to SEO, On page SEO techniques and off page techniques from the words on your page to the way other sites link to you on the web. Sometimes SEO is simply a matter of making sure your site is structured in a way that search engines understand.
SEO isn’t just about building search engine-friendly websites. It’s about making your site better for people too
SEO helps you to improve keywords ranking and website visibility in Search Engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing etc.
Benefits of On page SEO tutorial or SEO:-
SEO has become widely adopted as an online marketing strategy because of its effectiveness
- Increased Traffic
- Increase ROI(Return of Investment)
- Cost effectiveness
- Increased site usability
- Increase Brand Awareness
- Find new customers and assist growth
- Explore new markets
- Achieve better conversion rates
- Build brand awareness through better rankings
SEO for beginners
Types of SEO Technics for.
- White hat SEO (according to search engine policy)
- Black Hat SEO(against search engine policy)
- Gray Hat SEO (Mix up of white and black hat SEO)
On page SEO techniques
Types of SEO Activity –
- On Page SEO (work on own website pages)
- OFF Page SEO(Submit information on other website)
Googlebot (Google Crawler/spider/robot) –
“Crawler” is a generic term for any software program (such as a robot or spider) used to automatically discover and scan websites from one webpage to another. Google crawler is called Googlebot. It runs all time. It comes any time on websites.
Crawling is the process by which Googlebot discovers new and updated pages to be added to the Google index.
We use a huge set of computers to fetch (or “crawl”) billions of pages on the web. The program that does the fetching is called Googlebot (also known as a robot, bot, or spider). Googlebot uses an algorithmic process: computer programs determine which sites to crawl, how often, and how many pages to fetch from each site.
Google’s crawl process begins with a list of web page URLs, generated from previous crawl processes, and augmented with Sitemap data provided by webmasters. As Googlebot visits each of these websites it detects links on each page and adds them to its list of pages to crawl. New sites, changes to existing sites, and dead links are noted and used to update the Google index.
Google doesn’t accept payment to crawl a site more frequently, and we keep the search side of our business separate from our revenue-generating AdWords service.
Googlebot processes each of the pages it crawls in order to compile a massive index of all the words it sees and their location on each page. In addition, we process information included in key content tags and attributes, such as Title tags and ALT attributes. Googlebot can process many, but not all, content types. For example, we cannot process the content of some rich media files or dynamic pages.
Google Algorithm Updates:-
- which give proper guidance to learn SEO for beginners
- Panda Update
- Penguin Update
- Google Mobile Friendly Update and more
- 1.What is The Google Panda Update?
- Google’s Panda Update is a search filter introduced in February 2011 meant to stop sites with poor quality content from working their way into Google’s top search results. Panda is updated from time-to-time
- 2.What Is The Google Penguin Update?
- Google launched the Penguin Update in April 2012 to better catch sites deemed to be spamming its search results, in particular those doing so by buying links or obtaining them through link networks designed primarily to boost Google rankings. When a new Penguin Update is released, sites that have taken action to remove bad links (such as through the Google disavow links tool(https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/2648487?hl=en)or to remove spam may regain rankings. New sites not previously caught might get trapped by Penguin. “False positives,” sites that were caught by mistake, may escape.
- These above mention update can be best On page SEO techniques when we use properly
4.Search engines basics –
- SERP – Search Engine Result PageThere are following result shown in first page –
- Paid ad search result (Inorganic Search) – It is shown by the help of Google adwords(PPC). Total 7(4 ads top+ 3 Ads in Bottom) Ads is shown
- Google Map result – Total 3 Result
- Organic Search – Non paid Search SEO(Keywords ranking) – Total 10 Website
- 5.Major Search Engines –
- There are following major search engines in the world
- Google – Market share 73%- Parent Company – Alphabet Co.
- Bing – Market share 9.26% – Microsoft
- Baidu – Chinese Search Engine – 8.74
- Yahoo – Market share 7.07%
- Yandex – Russian Search Engines 0%
6.Web Ranking –
- Alexa.com is one of the leading internet statistics engines. which help to make a very good On page SEO techniques by using its all tools It shows Global and local ranking of website. It is based on Users page views, time duration and user traffic on website.
7. Browsers and Imp Add‐ons or Plug-in
- Browers – there are following major browsers in the world that are-1 Google Chrome 2. Mozila Firefox 3 Internet Explorer 4 Safari
- Plugin – this is extra features and services to add in browser so that user can get information easily
- How to add any plug-in in browsers – Step 1. Open Google.com and search “Alexa plugin for Google chrome” or “Alexa plugin for mozila firefox”Step 2. Click on first linkStep 3. Add to the browserStep4. Click right side alexa icon on browser. Please see below snapshot –
Back links and its important
Back links are incoming links to a webpage.
When a webpage links to any other page and redirects as hyperlink is called a back link. In the past, back links were the major metric for the ranking of a webpage. A page with a lot of back links tended to rank higher on all major search engines, including Google. This is still true to a large extent.
Here is a glossary of common terms related to back links
- Link Juice:
- No-Follow Link:
- Do-Follow Link:
- Linking Root Domains:
- Low-Quality Links:
- Internal Links:
- Anchor Text:
Advantages of backlinks in SEO:
- Improves Organic Ranking
- Faster Indexing
- Referral Traffic
How to start getting backlinks:
- Write awesome articles
- Start commenting
- Submit to web directories
- Blog Posting
Important SEO Tools for On page SEO techniques –
- Majestic SEO
- Google Webmaster tool
- Google Analytics
- Check for mobile friendly (Responsive) – https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/
- Check Website Speed(https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/)
Domain and Page Authority
- Page Authority
Page Authority is a score (on a 100-point scale) which developed by Moz that predicts how well a specific page will rank on search engines. It is based off data from the Mozscape web index and includes link counts, MozRank, MozTrust, and dozens of other factors.
How to Check Page Authority –
- Domain Authority
Domain Authority is a score (on a 100-point scale) which developed by Moz that predicts how well a website will rank on search engines.
How to Check Domain Authority –
Above mention, all On page SEO techniques are very essential to get the first rank on SERP